Easy Cake Decorating Ideas: Add Piping
An easy technique that gives your cake a sophisticated look is piping your frosting through a pastry bag. There are different types of bag tips that will get you different looks on your cake:
- Round tips are used to make lines, dots, and writing.
- Star tips are used to create stars, shells, flowers, decorative borders, and rosettes.
- Leaf tips are used to make leaf shapes.
- Basket-weave tips are used to make lattices and ribbonlike lines and borders.
How to Decorate a Cake with Frosting
- Fill a pastry bag about two-thirds full of frosting.
- Fold the corners over, and roll the bag down to the frosting.
- With one hand, grip the bag near the roll above the frosting.
- Apply pressure with the palm of your hand, forcing the frosting toward the tip.
- Use your other hand to guide the tip of the bag.
You can use one of those piping nozzles: